Monday, October 19, 2015

New Member Spotlight: Vivian Walker

Note from the interviewer:
I had such a great time interviewing Vivian in one of our amazing coffee shops downtown. Her warm and genuine personality really shines through when talking to her. She is someone to get to know when you see her around campus. 

Where are you from?
Macon, Georgia

Why did you choose to go to UNA?
My mom’s sorority sister told us about UNA when we ran into her in Auburn and she told us about the scholarship for people that are from out of state so that’s what really clenched it for us.

Why did you do recruitment?
My step mom was in a sorority and told me about it and I started seeing how her connections have stayed all of these years and how genuine they are. Then one particular sorority stuck out to me during welcome week and they were the ones that broke the stereotypical sorority girl for me.

What was your view of sororities before recruitment compared to now?
I honestly lived under a rock. Growing up you hear these stereotypes and believe them unfairly. Now, I realize it is a bunch of girls who take you are you are and help one another.

What did you think when you opened your bid?
Going in I really wanted the group I met during welcome week that broke the mold for me, but my roommate and the people I knew wanted somewhere else so it made me torn. On bid day when we all tore apart our bids I was so excited I got where I wanted and they all got where they wanted… but we weren't together. For a few minutes I was bummed because we were in different sororities but then I met my pledge class and I only got more excited to run home.

What is your definition of “sorority”?
Sorority is learning to accept and love one another for our flaws and learning how to work together. I mean no two sororities are exactly the same so it is nice learning to work together.

What were you most excited about by being a new member in your sorority before recruitment and what are you now looking forward to when you become an initiated member?

I didn’t know what to expect in a sorority coming in. I was looking forward to making that lasting bond. In the future I have high hopes to build my chapter to be the best it can be. I love my chapter and I only want to make it better.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you Looking for urgent Loan??for Business/Personal or for any purpose then email us now to get fast approval, with Low Interest rates @ 2%, our E-mail address is below Email arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We offer Loan Amount of: $50000-$60000 I want to fully assure you that you will get the funds if only you are very serious and trustworthy because i like serious and God fearing people.If interested contact us Email arabloanfirmserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. Do you need Loan to pay off your debt and start a new life? You have come to the right place were you can get FUNDED at a very low interest rate. Interested people/company should please contact us via email for more details.

    Full name:
    Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
    Gender:
    Marital status:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Address:
    City:
    State/province:
    Zip/postal code:
    Country:
    Phone number:
    Monthly Income:
    Occupation:
    via us;flourishloancredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE

    Commercial Loans
    Personal Loans
    Business Loans
    Investments Loans
    Development Loans
    Acquisition Loans
    Construction loans
    Business Loans And many More:
    Whats-app us on +91-8546023893
    Contact Us At : clemalphafinance@gmail.com
    Mr.Clem Alpha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need a Debt Loan To Pay Off Bills?
    Take control of your debt today
    Available Now Business Expansion Loan Offer?
    Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 3%
    Loan with no credit check,
    Email us: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
    Call or add us on what's app +918929509036

    ReplyDelete