Monday, April 27, 2015

The Next Chapter

For many of you women coming to school here next year, high school is coming to an end. I am sure you all are counting down the days to when you walk across the stage to receive your diploma. Right now you have this feeling of excitement, freedom, worry, and even fear.

Take a step back and look how far you have come. Breathe for a moment, it {will} be okay.
As you close this chapter of your life, many more chapters are about to open up for you. One of the most important chapters being college. The opportunities you are about to be given are endless and these moments will be some of the best yet.

I am sure some of your friends have already decided that Greek life is the next step for them, others are on edge about it, and some have not even thought about it at all. Had you asked me in high school after I walked across that stage two years ago I would not have imagined anything close to where I am today with Greek life.

Going Greek was the second best decision I made, the first being going to college of course. I would not change my decision on going Greek for anything. My sisters have and continue to push me to be the best person I can be. Not only have my sisters pushed me, but also the women of Panhellenic. Each of these sororities possess different qualities and attributes that make them all individually unique. Greek life has provided me with so many opportunities. I am thankful each day for the step I took.

As summer moves on, be sure to check out the University of North Alabama’s Panhellenic blog. We will be busting the myths about Greek life, introducing you to some of the 2015 Gamma Chis and Recruitment Counselors, answering your questions, and providing information for the upcoming Fall 2015 Recruitment.

We can’t wait to meet you all and share with you the wonderful experience of Greek life.

GO GREEK!

Written by Guest Blogger Taylor Anders; Edited by UNA Panhellenic

No comments:

Post a Comment